Modern public research universities depend on five sources of funding: state investments, tuition and fees, grants and contracts, self- generated funds, and philanthropy. The University has launched a seven-year comprehensive campaign over the period 2013-2020 with a goal of raising $500 million. Through this campaign the University will seek to secure donor investment that supports the broad mission of the University. The campaign will be guided by the priorities identified in this plan as well as the 2015-2024 Master Plan. Specifically, funds will be sought to support:
- student scholarships and fellowships
- programs that enhance student success
- endowed professorships and chairs for faculty recruitment and retention
- buildings and facilities.
- It is anticipated that 16 new administrative faculty will be added in support of the campaign.