- Vision. The University of Nevada, Reno’s vision is to educate and graduate the best-prepared, confident leaders for the state, national, and global community; to be a nexus for research and creativity that focuses on the vital issues of our time; and to serve as a catalyst for the betterment of our society.
- Mission. Inspired by its land-grant foundation, the University of Nevada, Reno provides outstanding learning, discovery, and engagement programs that serve the economic, social, environmental, and cultural needs of the citizens of Nevada, the nation, and the world. The University recognizes and embraces the critical importance of diversity in preparing students for global citizenship and is committed to a culture of excellence, inclusion, and accessibility.
- Values. In all of its activities, the University is guided by the following values:
- Excellence in all of our endeavors.
- Integrity in all our actions.
- Inclusiveness of diverse cultures and identities.
- Collaboration between disciplines and programs and with community partners and stakeholders.