Meeting Nevada's Needs
The School of Social Work is dedicated to the values and commitments of the social work profession through education, research and public service. It prepares effective and ethical social workers who challenge injustice and promote a more humane world.
Explore the sections below to learn more about the School of Social Work.
Great social work requires great people. At the University's School of Social Work, it is the faculty, staff and alumni that give the programs their outstanding character and quality.Meet the school
Explore the School of Social Work's mission, accreditation and program assessments.Learn about us
Social Work Careers
Social workers can help individual and communities in countless ways while building satisfying, dynamic careers. Learn about the many professional paths social workers may choose.Discover careers
The School of Social Work is committed to volunteering. Find out about current volunteers opportunities that can help enrich students and the community alike.Volunteer now
Social work news and announcements
- Copies of Social Work ASWB Bachelors Exam Guide and Masters Exam Guide: "A Comprehensive Study Guide for Success" are available in the Social Work office, Ansari Business Building, room 523, for review by students.
- We are now accepting applications for the Online MSW program. Click here for more information.
- Congratulations to Mary E. Hylton, Ph.D., Associate Professor, School of Social Work, for being the recipient of the 2016 NASW-NV Professor of the Year Award!
- Congratulations to Rebekah Couper, BSW student, School of Social Work, for being the recipient of the 2016 NASW-NV Student of the Year Award!
- Congratulations to Teresa Benitez-Thompson, MSW, LSW, Letter of Appointment Faculty, School of Social Work, for being the recipient of the 2016 NASW-NV Legislator of the Year Award!