School of Social Work

Dedicated to the values and commitments of the social work profession through education, research and public service

Find your social work academic program

The School of Social Work offers accredited degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate level.

Bachelor of Social Work

The Bachelor of Social Work prepares you for generalist practice in the field through evidenced-informed, experiential learning experiences.

Master of Social Work

The Master of Social Work prepares you to practice in complex environments with diverse client populations as an advanced generalist practitioner of social work.

Online Master of Social Work

The online Master of Social Work is structured around advanced generalist practice and includes two tracks: advanced standing for BSW graduates and a traditional track for non-BSW graduates.

Requirements for social work licensure by state

Social work licensure requirements vary state-by-state. Get more information about the requirements in our reference table.

School of Social Work news and events

Eric Albers, professor for School of Social Work talking with a student

School of Social Work now an independent academic unit

'Values-oriented leaders' is driving message behind the newly independent school; 'Helping the Helpers' initiative one of many new initiatives in the works

Dr. Shadi Martin

Interview with Professor Shadi Martin

 Dr. Martin explains how the University of Nevada, Reno School of Social Work’s focus on leadership prepares students for successful careers at the forefront of this vital profession.

Haley Carroll nursing graduate

Celebrating Social Work Month by recognizing social work leaders

University of Nevada, Reno School of Social Work hosts event recognizing social work leaders in the state.

Exciting things are happening at the School of Social Work. Read our latest news announcements and hear about recent events.

CSWE logo

The School of Social Work has two programs accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE): Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Social Work.