The University of Nevada athletics department is proud to announce that 27 of its student-athletes have applied for graduation at the University of Nevada, Reno this winter and will be honored at University Commencement ceremonies Saturday, Dec. 8, at Lawlor Events Center.
This year’s winter graduation class represents student-athletes from six different sports programs – baseball, football, men’s golf, soccer, softball and volleyball – as well as the spirit program. A full list is below.
Graduating Nevada student-athletes are given a special silver and blue sash to wear at Commencement in recognition of their efforts as student-athletes. The graduates were honored Friday at a luncheon at Legacy Hall with a keynote speech from former Wolf Pack basketball standout and Washoe County School Board Trustee Angie Taylor.
Nevada has seen 966 of its student-athletes graduate in the past 11 years, a figure that includes the school-record 79 student-athletes who walked in commencement ceremonies this past spring.
The University’s December Commencement includes August and December graduates and will confer 1,864 degrees and certificates: 1,466 bachelor’s degrees and 398 advanced degrees (master’s and doctoral degrees).
Due to the increased number of graduates at the University’s December Commencement, the University will again offer two separate ceremonies in order to better accommodate graduates and their families Saturday, Dec. 8, at Lawlor Events Center.
Nevada State Supreme Court Justice James W. Hardesty, president of The Associated Students of the University of Nevada in 1969/1970 and graduate of the Class of 1970, will give the keynote address at both ceremonies.
2018 Winter Student-Athlete Graduates
Name, Sport, Major
- Austin Byler, Baseball, Community Health Sciences
- Grant Fennell, Baseball, Management
- Brad Gerig, Baseball, General Studies
- Cole Krzmarzick, Baseball, General Studies
- Keaton Smith, Baseball, Criminal Justice
- Matt Young, Baseball, Community Health Sciences
- Hanna Nielson, Cheer, Accounting
- LaRoy Hutchinson, Cheer, Criminal Justice
- Itohan Osayaren, Cheer, Nursing
- Dameon Baber, Football, Marketing
- Nate Brown, Football, Management
- Trae Carter-Wells, Football, Community Health Sciences
- Victor Gonzalez, Football, Psychology
- Sean Krepsz, Football, High Education Admin MA
- Jarius McDade, Football, Economics
- E.J. Muhammad, Football, Marketing
- Spencer Pettit, Football, Information Systems
- Malik Reed, Football, Community Health Sciences
- Corey Eddings, Men’s Golf, Finance
- Kaleb Gorbahn, Men’s Golf, Management
- David Hinitz, Men’s Golf, Community Health Sciences
- Aaliyah Gibson, Softball, Community Health Sciences
- Amanda Nicholas, Softball, Neuroscience
- Rachel Rodriguez, Softball, Psychology
- Aubrie Ciesynski, Soccer, Community Health Sciences
- Rylee Peterson, Soccer, Criminal Justice
- Mo Maluotoga, Volleyball, Community Health Sciences