We are currently offering virtual tours in place of in-person visits due to Covid-19 restrictions. We look forward to returning to our normal operations. Check back soon! To access the research collections, please contact the appropriate curator.
About our educational tours
One of the missions of the Museum of Natural History is to instill a sense of wonder and excitement about the natural world and the unique place that is northern Nevada. We welcome classes, scout troops, clubs, and other groups to plan a visit to the museum and see the natural heritage of northern Nevada. Visits are designed to be interactive and age-appropriate with a behind-the-scenes tour and a standards-based, hands-on science experience.
- Educational tours of our museum are free
- We can accommodate groups up to 40 students
- Tours last 75 minutes and include an interactive look at the museum collections and a standards-based, hands-on science activity
- Tours are offered at 10 AM and 11:30 AM three days a week
- Tours should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance
- Beyond these guidelines, it may be possible to make special accommodations for your group by contacting our Outreach Coordinator Julie Stoughton
Our tour topics follow the three dimensions of science learning outlined by the Next Generation Science Standards. Visit our K-12 tour topics page to learn more.