Join our team
Application instructions will be available as soon as the positions are officially open.
Lawlor Events Center is seeking applicants for part-time (“as needed”) Custodial crew members for the Nevada Basketball season and upcoming Spring events. Under general supervision, crew members provide high degree of cleaning, as well as customer service skills. Employees earn a $1 raise after 100 hours of service.
- Responsibilities include:
- Removing trash
- Mopping, sweeping and vacuuming all area within the facility including dressing rooms, stairwells, hallways, offices and meeting rooms.
- Stocking supplies
- Ensuring supplies in designated areas are filled or stocked (i.e. toilet paper, hand soap, seat covers, cleaning sprays, etc.)
- Sanitizing restrooms
- Cleaning arena during and after events.
- Special cleaning projects including stairs, light fixtures and windows.
- Be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Physically fit and able to lift and move up to 30 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time
- Work nights and weekends
Lawlor Events Center is seeking applicants for part-time (“as needed”) technical crew members. The technical team participates in the set-up and removal of a variety of complex staging devices used to host events. Under general supervision, crew members provide labor to prepare the facility for a variety of events. Both level-entry and advanced positions are available.
Duties and responsibilities include
- Set-up with lighting, rigging, audio and visual operations, risers, staging, basketball flooring and other event-related equipment.
- Converting the facility from one function to another (i.e. from basketball to winter graduation)
- Follow directions verbally and written from supervisor.
- Assist with seating configurations, ground and facility maintenance, staging, etc.
- Ability to follow safety precautions and emergency procedures that are established for the facility. Safety and damage issues must be reported to a supervisor.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age
- Operational knowledge of tools and equipment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Team player – ability to work within a team where crew depend on each other to get the work completed. Applicant must understand and practice strong team member qualities.
- Desire to work hard to provide consistent quality results
- Must pass background check
Physical demands (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Long periods of standing, walking, kneeling, climbing and maneuvering throughout the facility.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 lbs regularly, and up to 75 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to work in indoors and outdoors during adverse weather conditions.