Join our team
Application instructions will be available as soon as the positions are officially open.
Lawlor Events Center is seeking applicants for part-time (“as needed”) Custodial crew members for the 2019-2020 Nevada Basketball season and upcoming Spring events. Under general supervision, crew members provide high degree of cleaning, as well as customer service skills. Employees earn a $1 raise after 100 hours of service.
- Responsibilities include:
- Removing trash
- Mopping, sweeping and vacuuming all area within the facility including dressing rooms, stairwells, hallways, offices and meeting rooms.
- Stocking supplies
- Ensuring supplies in designated areas are filled or stocked (i.e. toilet paper, hand soap, seat covers, cleaning sprays, etc.)
- Sanitizing restrooms
- Cleaning arena during and after events.
- Special cleaning projects including stairs, light fixtures and windows.
- Be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Physically fit and able to lift and move up to 30 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time
- Work nights and weekends
Lawlor Events Center is seeking applicants for part-time (“as needed”) technical crew members. The technical team participates in the set-up and removal of a variety of complex staging devices used to host events. Under general supervision, crew members provide labor to prepare the facility for a variety of events. Both level-entry and advanced positions are available.
Duties and responsibilities include
- Set-up with lighting, rigging, audio and visual operations, risers, staging, basketball flooring and other event-related equipment.
- Converting the facility from one function to another (i.e. from basketball to winter graduation)
- Follow directions verbally and written from supervisor.
- Assist with seating configurations, ground and facility maintenance, staging, etc.
- Ability to follow safety precautions and emergency procedures that are established for the facility. Safety and damage issues must be reported to a supervisor.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age
- Operational knowledge of tools and equipment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Team player – ability to work within a team where crew depend on each other to get the work completed. Applicant must understand and practice strong team member qualities.
- Desire to work hard to provide consistent quality results
- Must pass background check
Physical demands (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Long periods of standing, walking, kneeling, climbing and maneuvering throughout the facility.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 lbs regularly, and up to 75 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to work in indoors and outdoors during adverse weather conditions.