I completed four out of five years of an M.S. program in Mathematics (Applied Mathematics track) at the University of Warsaw, Poland. I then earned an M.S. in Statistics from UT El Paso. I followed the M.S. with Ph.D. studies in the Statistics and Applied Probability program at UC Santa Barbara. I've worked in academia, research institution (DRI), and industry (BCBS TN), as well as did statistical consulting.
My research interests include theoretical and applied probability and statistics. My most interesting work is collaborative with colleagues from ecology, engineering, climate and weather science, hydrology, and medicine. In probability I work on limit theorems and models for extreme events. In statistics I develop multivariate models, together with their estimation and applications.
- Introductory Statistics
- Probability and Statistics for Engineers
- Probability Theory (undergraduate and Ph.D. level)
- Multivariate Analysis (Ph.D. level)
- Mathematical statistics (undergraduate and M.S. level)
- Linear Models (undergraduate and M.S. level)
- M.S. in Statistics, UT El Paso, 1988
- Ph.D. in Mathematics (Statistics and Applied Probability program), UC Santa Barbara, 1992
- Arendarczyk, M., Kozubowski, T.J. and Panorska, A.K. (2022). Slash distributions, generalized convolutions, and extremes. Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics.
- K. Boamah-Addo, T.J. Kozubowski and A.K. Panorska (2022). A discrete truncated Zipf distribution, Statistica Neerlandica, to appear.
- M. Arendarczyk, T.J. Kozubowski and A.K. Panorska (2022). A computational approach to confidence intervals and testing for generalized Pareto tail index based on Greenwood statistic. Accepted January 2022. REVSTAT-Statistical Journal. In print.
- J. Toth, R. Motamed, and A.K. Panorska (2022). A new method for extrapolating the load-displacement response of drilled shaft foundations for interpretation of side capacity, Soils and Foundations, 62 (2022) 101154.
- F. Zuniga, T.J. Kozubowski and A.K. Panorska (2021). A generalized linear model for multivariate episodes, J. Comput. Appl. Math, 398, 113655.
- M. Arendarczyk, T.J. Kozubowski and A.K. Panorska (2021). Greenwood's statistic, stochastic dominance, clustering, and heavy tails, Scand J Statist.
- C. Amponsah, T.J. Kozubowski and A.K. Panorska (2021). A general stochastic model for bivariate episodes driven by a gamma sequence. J Stat Distrib App 8, 7 (2021).
- A.D. Knudson, Kozubowski, T.J., Panorska, A.K., & Schissler, A. G. (2021). A flexible multivariate model for high-dimensional correlated count data. J Stat Distrib App 8, 6.
- F. Zuniga, T.J. Kozubowski and A.K. Panorska (2020). A new trivariate model for stochastic episodes, J Stat Distrib App, 8, 2.
- T.C. Mott, P.M. Kivistik, A.K. Panorska, D.C. Cantu (2020). Comparing conditional probabilities and statistical independence in layers of protection analysis, Process Safety Progress.
- Arendarczyk, M., Kozubowski, T.J. and Panorska, A.K. (2018). The joint distribution of the sum and the maximum of heterogeneous exponential random variables, Statistics & Probability Letters, Vol. 139, 10-19.
- Arendarczyk, M., Kozubowski, T.J. and Panorska, A.K. (2018). The joint distribution of the sum and maximum of dependent Pareto risks, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Vol. 167, 136-156.
- Arendarczyk, M., Kozubowski, T.J. and Panorska, A.K. (2018). A bivariate distribution with Lomax and geometric margins, Journal of the Korean Statistical Society, Vol. 47, No. 4, 405-422.
- Cavanaugh, N., Gershunov, A., Panorska, A. K., Kozubowski, T. J. (2015). The probability distribution of intense daily precipitation, Geophysical Research Letters, 42 5: 1560-1567.
- Forister ML, Novotny V, Panorska AK, Baje L, Basset Y, Butterill PT, Cizek L, Coley PD, Dem F, Diniz IR, Drozd P, Fox M, Glassmire AE, Hazen R, Hrcek J, Jahner JP, Kaman O, Kozubowski TJ, Kursar TA, Lewis OT, Lill J, Marquis RJ, Miller SE, Morais HC, Murakami M, Nickel H, Pardikes N, Ricklefs RE, Singer MS, Smilanich AM, Stireman JO, Villamarin-Cortez S, Vodka S, Volf M, Wagner DL, Walla T, Weiblen GD, Dyer LA (2015). The global distribution of diet breadth in insect herbivores. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 112:442-447.
- Koch, B.L., and Panorska, A. K. (2013). The impact of temperature on major league baseball, Weather, Climate and Society, October 2013, 5(4), pp. 359-366.
- Kozubowski, T. J., Panorska, A. K., Qeadan, F. (2011). A new multivariate model involving geometric sums and maxima of exponentials, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference,141, pp. 2353 – 2367.
- Panorska, A.K., Gershunov, A., Kozubowski, T.J. (2007). From diversity to volatility: Probability of daily precipitation extremes. Book chapter in Nonlinear dynamics in geophysics, Springer-New York, pp. 465-484.
- Aban, I, Meerschaert, M. M. and Panorska, A. K. (2006) Parameter estimation for the truncated Pareto distribution, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 101, pp. 270-277.
- Biondi, F., Kozubowski, T. J. and Panorska, A. K. (2005). A new model for quantifying climate episodes International Journal of Climatology, 25, pp. 1253-1264.
- Kozubowski, T. J., Meershaert, M.M. , Panorska, A. K. and. Sheffler, H. P. (2005). Operator geometric stable laws, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 92, pp. 298-323.
- Nolan, J.P., Panorska, A.K., and McCulloch, J.H. (2000) Estimation of stable spectral measures. Mathematical and Computer Modeling, 34, pp. 1113-1122.