Mandatory supervisor training
The State of Nevada requires supervisors of classified employees to take supervisory training in the core areas below. Mandatory supervisor training is available online through the State of Nevada, Division of Human Resources Management.
The State of Nevada also offers additional supervisory non-mandatory courses through the Office of Employee Development.
The below two courses are required within 6-months of the supervisory appointment and every three years after:
- Work Performance Standards
- Evaluating Employee Performance
The below courses are required within 12 months of supervisory appointment and every three years after:
- Interviewing and Hiring
- Alcohol and Drug Testing Procedures
- Progressive Disciplinary Procedures
- Handling Grievances
- What Supervisors Need to Know About the ADA and ADA Accommodations
- Developing Essential Functions (pursuant to NAC 284.441)
- What Supervisors Need to Know About the FMLA
- Equal Employment Opportunity for Managers and Supervisors
How to register for and take training in NVeLearn
- Register and complete these courses at nv.gov.
- Log in using your NV APPS ID. If you do not have one, select Log-in Instructions under Main Menu for directions.
- Browse the Course Catalog under Main Menu, select Supervisor Training
- Select the course of interest by clicking the course name and the Enroll Me button at the bottom of the course page.
Where to send completed training certificates?
Once you successfully complete the course, it is your responsibility to provide your certificate of completion to your campus Human Resources department via firstname.lastname@example.org.