Updates on fall operations
October 14, 2020
This message was sent to faculty and staff at the University of Nevada, Reno
As you know, the University has decided move to fully online instruction after the Thanksgiving break. Below are a few points of information and clarification that may be useful to you:
- In-person classes, including laboratory and studio classes will need to switch to online delivery after the Thanksgiving break or complete the class prior to the Thanksgiving break.
- University facilities, include the Knowledge Center, the JCSU, Fitzgerald Student Services, and the Pennington Student Achievement Center will remain open, though perhaps with reduced hours.
- Research operations will continue as per current protocols. Graduate and undergraduate students participating in research will be able to continue their research.
- Faculty will have full access to their offices, facilities, and classrooms.
- The University Testing Center will be open. However, all classes must provide an online option for final exams. If faculty wish to use Proctorio for more than one exam they are free to do so if their department/college/school can cover the cost ($10/student/exam). Please keep in mind that there are a variety of options for administering exams that don’t involve Proctorio.
Kevin R. Carman
Professor of Biology
Executive Vice President & Provost