Human Resources: Campus Updates Regarding COVID-19
May 22, 2020
This message was sent to University faculty and staff at the University of Nevada, Reno
The University is committed to providing an environment where you can be safe, healthy and informed. It is important you know about the latest developments and updates regarding the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. As we enter a new phase of the pandemic and a gradual return to the campus’ in-person operations, there are a number of new policies and procedures, required training and workplace health protocols to help our faculty, staff and students maintain their health, safety and well-being.
Based on the most current directives from Gov. Steve Sisolak and Nevada System of Higher Education Chancellor Thom Reilly, the University remains in an alternative operations mode — most employees will continue to work remotely, buildings are closed, classes and instruction remain online until July 10, and on-campus work authorization is required, per NSHE instructions.
During an online town hall meeting this past Monday, campus leaders said the institution is currently in a phased approach to returning to campus. University leaders have outlined what is called “Planning for the Return of the Pack,” which currently includes Phase 1 policies and procedures for on campus work to be followed as students, faculty and staff return to campus.
Training will be required before individuals return to campus to work. A limited number of faculty and staff have returned to working on campus. The remainder of employees will gradually return when Gov. Sisolak announces the reopening of state offices. This training will include general COVID-19 training for University personnel, COVID-19 training for individuals working or using research labs or spaces that utilize creative activities, supervisor COVID-19 training, well-being/wellness training in the time of COVID, and a student guide to remote learning. Two training modules have been made available on Web Campus (Canvas) and two more are in development.
Please take time to review the information and to follow the links below.
*NetID login required for some resources
Mandatory policies and procedures
- Phase 1: Policies and procedures for oncampus work
- Daily Health Assessment in DocuSign is to be completed by all employees working oncampus. The form may be completed electronically using DocuSign or by downloading the Daily Health Assessment PDF and submitting the printed and signed form.
- Safety Checklist for Restarting Laboratory Operations (PDF)
- Distribution of COVID-19 Supplies for Safe Return to Campus (Knowledge Base article ) *
Mandatory training resources
- General COVID-19 Training for University Personnel*
- COVID-19 Training for Research Laboratories and Creative Activities*
- Supervisors’ Training for COVID-19 (in development)
- Well-Being in the Time of COVID-19 (in development)
Safety mobile app
- SafePack mobile app (with COVID-19 updates)
Town Hall recording
- Online town hall: How the campus will return safely and strategically (Nevada Today)
- Town Hall follow up, recording available and more information to come
Please continue to seek out the University’s latest coronavirus information and updates.
The above resources have been developed for your well-being and safety. In this time of challenge, remember to take care of yourselves, your friends and your families. As a University community, we will get through this together. If you need help or have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to your supervisor or Human Resources.
Associate Vice President for Human Resources