Verifying COVID-19 vaccination status in Workday
August 30, 2021
This message was sent to University of Nevada, Reno faculty and staff.
Per the Governor’s memo dated Friday, July 30, 2021 and titled Nevada State Employee COVID-19 Masking and Testing Policy [External PDF], the following explains the NSHE process to prepare for implementation of the testing requirements. The first step in implementing the Governor’s memo is ensuring that NSHE vaccination records are complete. COVID testing will not be required next week as we continue to develop testing processes. When finalized, testing processes will be communicated.
Background on vaccine data
NSHE has collected vaccine information from the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services’ vaccine tracking system (WebIZ) to identify employees who are fully vaccinated. All other employees will be required to test weekly per the new policy unless they provide proof of vaccination (instructions below). Employee rosters were combined with WebIZ and matched based on name. Data from WebIZ was provided for anyone with a completed vaccine (2-dose Moderna/Pfizer and 1-dose J&J) plus the CDC recommended 14-day waiting period from final vaccination date. New data is loaded into Workday weekly, approximately each Tuesday.
Due to the limits of the matching process there will be individuals that have WebIZ data but were not matched to an employee record. Similarly, employees that were vaccinated out of state will need to provide that documentation to be entered manually.
Once you are fully vaccinated, you may discontinue weekly testing by providing the necessary proof stated above to HR. According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, individuals are considered fully vaccinated:
- Two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- Two weeks after the one-dose Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine
Verifying your vaccine status in Workday
Verify your vaccine status in Workday to ensure you will not be required to test weekly:
In Workday, navigate to your Profile (click on your picture or the cloud in upper right corner).
- Click on View profile
- Select the Overview button on the far left (blue background).
- Click on Additional Data tab at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to view COVID-19 Vaccination data.
A blank Source of Data and Verification or Final Vaccine Date indicates that your record was not transferred from WebIZ because:
- This could be because you have not been vaccinated, or you have only received one of two required doses for Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. If this is the case, you will be required to participate in weekly testing when it begins; or
- You were vaccinated in Nevada but your vaccine record was not transferred from WebIZ; or
- You were vaccinated outside of Nevada
Updating vaccine data in Workday
If you have been fully vaccinated either in Nevada or outside of Nevada, please present your vaccine record to the designated official, once identified by your college/division. This will not occur until after Thursday, September 2. Thank you for your patience.
Proof of vaccination includes:
- Vaccination card(s) in your name marking two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine; or
- Written confirmation, such as an email or printout of a vaccine record, from the agency administering the vaccine.
The Final Vaccine Date will be sent to Human Resources and be loaded into Workday. You are considered fully-vaccinated two weeks after this date.
This information will be used solely by Human Resources to determine which employees will be required to test weekly. Vaccination information is confidential and will only be shared as needed to inform supervisors of testing requirements.
Thank you for doing your part to update vaccine records and keep campus safe. f you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Vice President, Human Resources