Our Career Mentors are ready to help you with your next steps. All students and alumni are welcome to use our services!
In-person, drop-in help
The Nevada Career Studio does things a little differently. You do not need to schedule an appointment for in-person help. Stop on by and see us at the Pennington Student Achievement Center, Room 208. We can help with your job and internship search, applications (resumes, cover letters, personal statements, references), interviews, career exploration, and plenty of other questions.
Drop in as often as you'd like, and stay for as long as you can.
In-person, drop-in hours
Monday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday: 11 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Face coverings are required to enter the Career Studio
The Nevada Career Studio also has an appointment scheduling process if you need online assistance. To request an appointment with one of our Career Mentors, login in to Handshake and follow these steps:
- Click on the "Career Center" link in the upper-right corner of your Handshake screen.
- Click on the "Appointments" link.
- Click the blue "Schedule a New Appointment" button/link in the upper-left side of the page.
- Click the "Virtual Appointments" link.
- Choose "Appointment Type" based on what you need help with from the Nevada Career Studio
- Choose a date. Then click on a time.
- Explain how we can help you in the box provided.
- The "Appointment Medium" will default to "Zoom Meeting Consultation." Select your communication preference (e.g., audio/visual, audio only, no preference).
- Click the "Request" link.
Once you request your virtual appointment, your confirmation details will appear on the left-hand side, which includes your requested date, time, and the Career Mentor's Zoom Meeting link. Please do not join the Zoom Meeting until your scheduled time.
Visit the Handshake Help Center for more information on updating your notification preferences.
Students may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, application review, or other career assistance. Please feel free to send documents for review.
Virtual appointment hours
- Monday: 12 p.m.-3 p.m. and 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Tuesday: 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Wednesday: 12 p.m.-2 p.m. and 4 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Thursday: 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.