Campus Escort policies and limitations
We will provide efficient, quality service to students, faculty and staff of the University of Nevada, Reno. Our core values include the following.
Updated COVID-19 policies and changes
Campus Escort is taking steps to ensure our passengers' and employees' safety.
- All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, all students, employees and members of the public must wear face coverings indoors and in University-owned vehicles. This includes all classrooms and laboratories, all work areas inside all campus buildings, as well as all residental halls and events taking place inside. Individuals are not required to wear maskes if they have individual offices or if they are in their individual rooms in residential halls. Please review CDC guidelines for not fully vaccinated individuals. Social distancing requirements in Nevada or at the University. Contact tracing for positive COVID-19 cases will continue, and individuls who have been diagosed are encouraged to complete our COVID-19 self-reporting form.
- Each employee is responsible for monitoring their health for any of the following symptons and not reporting to work if any are present: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
For more information about the University's guidelines and policies for COVID-19, visit the University's coronavirus webpage.
Denial of service
Callers who attempt to circumvent policy by requesting pickup or drop-off at a serviceable location with the intention of walking or requesting an escort to another location will be denied service.
Passengers who refuse to wear a face covering will be denied service.
Callers who repeatedly attempt to circumvent these policies cause a disruption to the service and will receive a warning from the Director of External Affairs. Continued abuse of the system may result in having Campus Escort privileges revoked.
Restrictions on Campus Escort services
To ensure we are best allocating our resources to meet our priorities, we have some restrictions on our service:
- Campus Escort will abide by all State and Federal laws.
- Campus Escort will travel no farther than a predetermined three-mile boundary from the perimeter of the main campus.
- A property or recognized unit of the University of Nevada, Reno (including Greek houses) must be the start or end of a trip.
- No third party commercial business can be the start or end of a trip with the exceptions of Walgreen's (must be a round trip from the Residence Halls) (located at 750 N. Virginia St.), the Bus station (located on 4th Street), and the Greyhound station.
- Campus Escort will not pick up or drop off at parties. If any caller or a friend is intoxicated and needs a ride home, he or she should call a cab or plan ahead and designate a sober driver.
- On Friday and Saturday nights, a residence (off-campus or on-campus) may only be a starting point or ending point of a trip. In other words, Campus Escort will not provide a ride from one residence to another on those nights.
Inclement weather protocol
ASUN Campus Escort reserves the right to stop service if inclement weather or road conditions jeopardize the ability of the service to operate safely. While not all inclement weather-related shutdowns can be anticipated, the following protocol is in place:
- During service hours, weather and road conditions will be evaluated every 30 minutes
- Updates will be sent out through ASUN social media as early as possible
- Alerts sent to the front desk in the Joe Crowley Student Union, Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center or E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center
Once service has been shut down, the messages on the Nevada Campus Escort app and the Campus Escort phone will be updated accordingly.
- Compressed Gases
- Radioactive Materials
- Corrosive Materials
- Animals, excluding service animals
- All other items are listed in the Student Code of Conduct