Policies and Limitations
Service Boundaries: 3 Mile Radius
Our core values are (1) Safety, (2) Courtesy, (3) Integrity, (4) Community, and (5) Responsibility. We will provide efficient, quality service to students, faculty and staff of the University of Nevada, Reno. To ensure we are best allocating our resources to meet our priorities, we have some restrictions on our service:
- Campus Escort will abide by all State and Federal laws.
- Campus Escort will travel no farther than a predetermined three-mile boundary from the perimeter of the main campus.
- A property or recognized unit of the University of Nevada, Reno (including Greek houses) must be the start or end of a trip.
- No third party commercial business can be the start or end of a trip with the exceptions of Walgreen's (must be a round trip from the Residence Halls) (located at 750 N. Virginia St.), the Bus station (located on 4th Street), and the Greyhound station.
- Campus Escort will not pick up or drop off at parties. If any caller or a friend is intoxicated and needs a ride home, he or she should call a cab or plan ahead and designate a sober driver.
- On Friday and Saturday nights, a residence (off-campus or on-campus) may only be a starting point or ending point of a trip. In other words, Campus Escort will not provide a ride from one residence to another on those nights.
Note: Callers who attempt to circumvent policy by requesting pickup or drop-off at a serviceable location with the intention of walking or requesting an escort to another location will be denied service.
Callers who repeatedly attempt to circumvent these policies cause a disruption to the service and will receive a warning from the Director of External Affairs. Continued abuse of the system may result in having Campus Escort privileges revoked.
*The Campus Safety site and all affiliated university sites are divisions of Student Life Services.
Inclement Weather Protocol
ASUN Campus Escort reserves the right to stop service if inclement weather or road conditions jeopardize the ability of the service to operate safely. While not all inclement weather-related shutdowns can be anticipated, the following protocol is in place:
- During service hours, weather and road conditions will be evaluated every 30 minutes
- Updates will be sent out through ASUN social media as early as possible
- Alerts sent to the front desk in the Joe Crowley Student Union, Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, or E.L. Wiegand Fitness Center
Once service has been shut down, the messages on the Campus Escort online request and the Campus Escort phone will be updated accordingly.
- Compressed Gases
- Radioactive Materials
- Corrosive Materials
- Animals, excluding service animals
- All other items are listed in the Student Code of Conduct