Microsoft Azure for Education
Azure for Education accounts are automatically created at the start of each semester. We have been licensed through the Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching program to provide certain software titles to students in the College of Business for free or at a substantially reduced cost.
To be eligible for an Azure for Education account, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current employee or student in the College of Business
- Have a current employee (@unr.edu) or student (@nevada.unr.edu) email account
- Have a computer with Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 installed. If you have an older version you must upgrade your operating system.
How the Program Works
At the beginning of each semester, employees and students will have access to log into the Azure for Education portal using their Microsoft Office 365 account. From there, one can navigate the page to view software titles, acquire product keys, and download and install the software allowable by the agreement.
Be sure to read the licensing agreements, you are responsible for only using the software in a manner that is in accordance with the license agreement that you accept upon installation.
There are three key steps to access the Azure for Education portal
- Ensure you have a valid email address
- Employees should already have an @unr.edu at time of employment.
- Students must sign up for an @nevada.unr.edu student email account. Visit OIT's page for Student Email Addresses for details.
- Sign up for a Microsoft Account
- Employees should already have an Office 365 account that can be used to sign in via the next step
- Students must sign up using their student (@nevada.unr.edu) account via Microsoft's Education portal. Visit OIT's page for Microsoft Office for Home - Student for details.
- Sign in to the Azure Dev Tools for Teaching portal using your Microsoft Account information. Note: student account passwords are not linked and are independent of the Gmail login for student accounts
If you are having problems with the system, please contact BusinessIT@unr.edu.
You can only download and install software on one computer.
ONLY DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE YOU NEED FOR THE CLASS YOU ARE ENROLLED IN.
Downloading additional software may make the software unavailable for a future class if you get a new computer.