All University students are welcome to use any and all of the resources highlight below even if they do not intend to compete in the Sontag Entrepreneurship Competition.
Courses and local events
- Enroll in and attend a series of free workshops (Ozmen Center "Starting a Business" workshop series) provided through the Ozmen Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Nevada, Reno. These workshops occur every fall semester. Sign up for the workshop series, and we’ll email you prior to every event with an RSVP. (Note: Students are strongly encouraged take the online Udacity course "How to Build a Startup" prior to or while attending the Ozmen Center workshops.)
- Complete the free online Udacity course: "How to Build a Startup". The Ozmen Center workshop series is based on and builds upon foundations outlined in this course
- Enroll in Entrepreneurship courses at the University of Nevada, Reno, including a Jumpstart course (ENT 451) offered over two weekends during Wintermester (there is a fee associated with this course).
- Attend the Entrepreneurs Assembly, which is a free monthly meeting offered by a local non-profit organization dedicated to educating and facilitating entrepreneurs in creating and growing their businesses.
- Join the Wolf Pack Entrepreneurship club. Contact the Ozmen Center for more information.
- Participate in any of the numerous video training programs available for entrepreneurs at Kaufmann Founders School.
- Watch the Launch Nevada video series. Launch Nevada was a three-day entrepreneurship event in 2021 held at the University. Watch what interests you the most. You may find some key insights from these recordings to help you in the competition.
- Contact Teddy Stocking or Tara Radniecki for consulting on research through University databases, as well as initial intellectual property concerns through our Patent and Trademark Research Center, which is officially designated by the US Patent and Trademark Office. They can also assist with prototyping in the DeLaMare Makerspace.