B.A./M.A. Accelerated Program, Economics
The accelerated B.A./M.A. program encourages outstanding students in the Economics, B.A. program at the University of Nevada, Reno to obtain a MA degree in a shorter amount of time. A student can obtain either a Plan A (thesis) or Plan B (non-thesis) Economics, M.A. degree.
- At least 75 credits toward bachelor’s degree completed
- General Education, and Additional College requirements completed
- Have completed at least 18 credits in economics with at least 6 credits in upper division (300 or above).
- At least 12 credits of economics must have been earned at UNR at the time of application
- International students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) 79 (internet).
- GRE or GMAT scores must be submitted to the Graduate School.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Application must be completed before completing the BA degree.
- A student must complete the Bachelor’s degree at UNR to be part of the Accelerated Master of Arts Program.
Guidelines and Timeline for Accelerated Program
- Select graduate advisor: Prior to submitting your program application discuss with Graduate Program Director and/or Undergraduate Economics Advisor
- Submit the program application. After completing 75 credits toward your B.A. (typically, spring of junior year). The application to program and graduate school is due by Oct. 1 for spring and April 15th for Fall.
- Take GRE or GMAT: One or two semesters before the application deadline
- Apply to the Graduate School
- Students will complete all MA degree requirements and may apply up to 9 credits of 600-level or 700-level courses towards both the Bachelor’s and MA degree requirements.