EMBA Admissions and Checklist
The Online EMBA Program is open to graduates from all disciplines. Students should have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States, or proof of equivalent training at a foreign university.
Application and Admission Criteria:
Applications are currently being accepted and reviewed for the fall term. To accommodate applicants who have been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak, the application deadline for the 2020 cohort has been extended to July 1.
The following are the requirements for consideration into the EMBA program:
- The EMBA program is open to those who hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution. Any undergraduate major is acceptable.
- The applicant must have an overall undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must have five or more years of professional work experience beyond undergraduate studies.
Create an account with the University of Nevada, Reno Graduate School, then complete the online Executive MBA Application. Within the application portal, applicants will be asked to provide the following:
- An up-to-date resume or CV
- A statement of purpose indicating educational and career objectives
- Contact information for two references who will be asked to submit a letter of recommendation
- Official GRE or GMAT results
- Full post-secondary educational history
- Include every insitution where post-secondary educational coursework has been completed
- Official transcripts should be sent by each institution to the address below. Transcripts submitted by the applicant cannot be considered official.
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557
Completing and submitting GMAT/GRE scores
Submit the official score report of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Please visit the GMAT website or the GRE website for information. Schedule your test as soon as possible. Scheduling times may be limited and results may take several weeks to reach the University. The test results for GMAT or GRE should be sent to the Graduate School at the University of Nevada, Reno (see address above). The school code is 4844.
Applicants must submit official results of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Exceptions are only granted if the applicant holds one of the following:
- An accredited graduate degree (Master's, Ph.D.)
- A professional degree (JD, MD, DVM, etc.)
- An active CPA, CFP, CMA, IMA or PE license
If you have questions about or need assistance with your application please contact Erin Aldrich at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (775) 784-4652.
International candidates must have strong English language communication skills, both written and spoken. As an international student, you must submit an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo.
- Minimum score requirements:
- TOEFL: 550 (paper) or 79 (internet)
- IELTS: 6.5 (academic version)
- Duolingo: 105
- Students are expected to complete a great deal of reading and writing in the program. A strong command of the English language is critical for success.
- The TOEFL is waived for students who have completed degree programs conducted in English in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia or New Zealand.