Faculty and staff opportunities
The University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC) and the University of Nevada, Reno offer the following programs to faculty and professional staff members interested in helping to internationalize our campus. Don't forget that you can also help promote study abroad to your students by requesting a classroom or event presentation from a USAC staff member.
Visiting Professor Program (Teaching Abroad)
Academic faculty have the unique opportunity to support the internationalization of your departments and colleges by teaching abroad. Visiting Professors establish contacts with foreign colleagues, enhance their own foreign language acquisition, strengthen and support international education and study abroad on campus, diversify course curriculum, and develop international relationships for research and other purposes.
- Full-time assistant, associate, or full UNR professors may apply.
- Faculty under LOA contracts are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Teach two classes during semester programs abroad, or one class during the summer.
- Semester applicants and those on 12-month contracts must have approval from their Department Chair/Dean.
Please contact the Visiting Professor Program Coordinator for an application or with any questions.
Faculty International Development Awards (participate on a USAC program as a student)
Administrative and academic faculty may apply to participate as a student for one summer session in order to gain an understanding of the full USAC study abroad experience including the curriculum, integration opportunities, faculty, housing, and field trips.
- Administrative (professional) and academic (must be full-time assistant, associate or full professors) faculty may apply. Applicants must have the approval of their supervisor/Dean.
- Recipients will receive a waiver to cover program tuition and included field trips, plus an additional $2,000 that can be used toward airfare, housing, and other living expenses. Housing, insurance, optional tours, and additional course costs are not included in the waiver, but can be paid for with the grant or are the participant's responsibility.
- Preference is given to applicants with limited international experience and limited first-hand knowledge of USAC, as well as those working directly with students.
Please contact Richard Menard for an application or with any questions.