Faculty and Staff International Opportunities
The University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC) and the University of Nevada, Reno offer the following programs to faculty and professional staff members interested in helping to internationalize our campus. And don't forget that you can help promote study abroad to your students by requesting a classroom or event presentation from a USAC staff member.
Visiting Professor Program (Teaching Abroad)
Academic faculty have the unique opportunity to support the internationalization of your departments and colleges by teaching abroad. Visiting Professors establish contacts with foreign colleagues, enhance their own foreign language acquisition, strengthen and support international education and study abroad on campus, diversify course curriculum, and develop international relationships for research and other purposes.
- Full-time assistant, associate, or full University of Nevada, Reno professors may apply. Faculty under LOA contracts are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Teach two classes during semester programs abroad, or one class during the summer.
- Semester applicants and those on 12-month contracts must have approval from their Department Chair/Dean.
- Applications for the 2020-21 academic year (summer 2020, fall 2020, spring 2021) will open fall 2018. The deadline to submit an application is early December 2018.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or with any questions. Visit the Faculty Teaching Abroad page for a list of University of Nevada, Reno faculty teaching abroad with USAC in upcoming terms.
Faculty International Development Awards (Participate on a USAC program as a student)
Administrative and academic faculty may apply to participate as a student for one summer session in order to gain an understanding of the full USAC study abroad experience including the curriculum, integration opportunities, faculty, housing, and field trips.
- Administrative (professional) and academic (must be full-time assistant, associate or full professors) faculty may apply. Applicants must have the approval of their supervisor/Dean.
- Recipients will receive a waiver to cover program tuition and included field trips, plus an additional $2,000 that can be used toward airfare, housing, and other living expenses. Housing, insurance, optional tours, and additional course costs are not included in the waiver, but can be paid for with the grant or are the participant's responsibility.
- Preference is given to applicants with limited international experience and limited first-hand knowledge of USAC, as well as those working directly with students.
- Applications for summer 2019 will open fall 2018. The deadline to submit an application is December 2018.
Please contact Kaitie Brown at email@example.com for an application or with any questions.