Phi Alpha Lambda Beta Honor Society
The Purpose of Phi Alpha Honor Society is to provide a closer bond among students of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work.
For more information about Phi Alpha, please contact:
President: Sheri Whinery, firstname.lastname@example.org
To graduate as a member of the honor society, students are required to complete one service event per semester, one fundraising event per semester and attend a minimum of one meeting per month.
- Declared social work as a major
- Achieved sophomore status
- Completed 8 semester hours of required social work classes
- Overall GPA of 3.0
- GPA of 3.25 in social work classes
- $25 membership/$10 renewal
- Completed one term of coursework
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- $25 membership/ $10 renewal