Student Art Fees Visiting Artist Funds
Please submit your Visiting Artist Funds proposals, including supplemental materials in the link provided. Please review the following points carefully as these are new details:
- Funding requests will be accepted in an ongoing rolling application process until funds are exhausted. The application process is no longer divided into cycles each semester.
- Awards will be committee reviewed and determined keeping fair School distribution in mind. Please remember, projects/events must include artist-in-residence activities such as workshops, master classes, lectures, demonstrations and/or other educational activities. Projects that include a public performance/exhibition/activity are encouraged and will be prioritized.
- Applications must be received a minimum of four weeks in advance of the activity/event.
- The first page of the application will provide proposal requirements. You are required to sign that you have read and understand all of the requirements.
- If you leave any fields marked with a red asterisk blank, you will not be able to complete and submit the application.
- Department Chairs must be notified and approve the funding request and verify available matching funds prior to application.
- You must confirm that departmental matching funds are available prior to applying, and you will be asked to provide the account number where the funds will be deposited.
- SOTA matching funds will only be distributed at the conclusion of the activity/event and after the final report has been submitted (no later than two weeks following the event).
- The marketing of your visiting artist activities/events must include SOTA, ASUN, GSA marketing identifiers (provided upon award).
- SOTA audience questionnaires/surveys must be completed by attendees at your activities/events (provided upon award). We are working on a digital survey that attendees can complete (to be created prior to your first event).
- Final reports, including audience questionnaires/surveys, are due within two weeks of the conclusion of the project/event, or SOTA funding will be forfeited.
Please note: SOTA funds will not be distributed without receipt of the required final report within two weeks of the funded event.