Scheduling Services

The Scheduling Services office manages University-wide space allocation for academic instruction, non-academic space usage, space rental for external events and activities.


Academic scheduling

40/60 policy

Colleges and departments must adhere to the following rules when scheduling classes. These rules are intended to ensure that colleges are scheduling a broad range of course offerings, giving students better timetabling options, and improving space utilization.

Academic request change form

To request a change to your academic schedule, you must submit an Academic Request Change Form. All field fields must be completed prior to submission. Incomplete forms will not be processed and will be returned to the requesting department.


Event scheduling

Event space requests

University Academic/Administrative department must complete a request for space through the PACKLife portal. For sponsored outside group events, the sponsoring University group must submit the request for space. The office will process your request within two business day of receipt.

PACKLife portal

Club and organization event scheduling

Clubs and organizations must submit a Student Event Advisory Board (SEAB) form prior to any scheduled event on campus. This includes tabling events, club meetings, large events, and club sport games.

Posting guidelines

There are approximately 40 designated public view bulletin boards on campus. To post on public view bulletin boards on campus, you must get approval at the Scheduling Services Office in the Continuing Education Building. Learn more about posting guidelines at the University of Nevada, Reno.

Chalking guidelines

Chalking may be used by ASUN and GSA recognized student groups to create messages only on sidewalks to advertise student events. Learn more about the guidelines and regulations for chalking on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.

Alcohol policy

The University has policy for the sale, service, distribution and use of alcoholic beverages. This policy applies, but is not limited to, the following: receptions, banquets, dinners, picnics, or any cultural or social activity. Advance request and approval from the associate vice president for Student Life Services to serve alcohol at an activity is required for all student organizations, campus departments and individuals.

Request for alcoholic beverage service form

Policy on the protection of children

The University of Nevada, Reno is committed to maintaining a supportive and safe educational environment, one that seeks to enhance the well-being of all members of the University community and that includes creating a secure environment for children who may participate in University programs or activities, or be present at University facilities or events. The University policies for the protection of children are intended for the protection of all children who participate in university programs or activities involving children or who are University students.