If you’ve been victimized, you need help and resources – fast. We will help you regain a sense of control by guiding you through your investigation and ensuring you have a voice throughout the process.
Meet Sonnie Kanneh
I was born in West Africa, Liberia and have lived in the United States since I was eight years old. I grew up with my mother and 3 younger siblings in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I earned my B.S. in Family Social Science from the University of Minnesota. It's in my nature to love and help people. I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, and a mother. I have worked as a Personal Care Assistant for the Elderly, an ABA Therapist for children with Autism, and a Victim Advocate for victims of interpersonal violence. After Minnesota, my family and I moved to Fort Worth, TX, then to Reno where I worked as the Victim Advocate for a non-profit before beginning my position as Victim Services Coordinator with University Police Services. I love spending time with my family, reading, good music and being outdoors.
Phone: (775) 560-0729
What types of crimes do we handle?
- Harassment / threats
- Sexual assault
- Dating / domestic violence
- Assault / battery
- Homicide / suicide
- Vehicle crashes
- Personal Advocacy
- Information about Victim Rights
- Referrals to appropriate agencies for support, counseling, and resources
- Reporting Assistance
- Notification and assistance in filing for Victims of Crime
- Assistance in obtaining Protection or Restraining orders
- Information regarding legal and investigation processes
- Notification of Criminal Justice Process (case status, arrest, release, case disposition, court proceedings)
- Accompaniment to medical forensic exam and law enforcement interview
- Return of Personal Property