The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
The Jeanne Clery Act is a federal statute codified at 20 U.S.C. 1092(f), with implementing regulations in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations at 34 C.F.R. 668.46. The Clery Act requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their respective campuses.
Campus Security Authority
Campus Security Authorities are individuals who are obligated to report crimes under the Clery Act. At the University of Nevada, Reno, this includes:
- Any member of Police Services.
- Anyone who has responsibility for security other than Police Services. This includes individuals who monitor access into a campus facility, event security and ASUN Escort Services.
- Employees of Residential Life, Housing and Food Services.
- Employees of the Office of Student Conduct.
- Employees of the Dean of Students Office.
- Employees of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
- Athletic advisors and coaches.
Campus Security Authorities should report incidents using the form below.