The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
The Jeanne Clery Act is a federal statute codified at 20 U.S.C. 1092(f), with implementing regulations in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations at 34 C.F.R. 668.46. The Clery Act requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their respective campuses.
Campus Security Authority
At the University of Nevada, Reno, Campus Security Authorities include the following:
- Any member of the University of Nevada, Reno Police Services;
- Anyone who has responsibility for security other than Police Services. This includes individuals who monitor access into a campus facility, event security, ASUN Escort Services;
- Residential Life Employees
- Student Conduct Office Employees
- Dean of Students Employees
- Greek Life Coordinator
- Athletic Advisors/Coaches
For more information, please contact University Police Services.
Compliance is monitored by the United States Department of Education