The Nevada football team is set for the Battle Born Showdown, sponsored by River City Logistics, on April 23 at 6 p.m. inside Mackay Stadium. Here are the details that you need to know.
The Battle Born Showdown will be played at Mackay Stadium and will cap a Wolf Pack Weekend of activities at the University of Nevada. Admission and parking for tailgating are free in all lots all day Saturday. Tailgating spots are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
"I think it will be a great chance for fans to come out and see the 2022 Nevada football team," said Head Coach Ken Wilson. "It should be a great time under the lights to see the start of a new season."
Coach Wilson continued. "It will be a big day for Nevada! We encourage fans to enjoy all the events of the day including a spring exhibition soccer game at 11 a.m. in Mackay Stadium, softball against New Mexico and men's tennis against San Diego State at noon, and the Battle Born Showdown at 6 p.m."
Nevada Athletics is partnering with Hot August Nights to bring the summer tradition to Mackay Stadium! Explore several classic cars in the tailgate lot of Jensen Plaza. The format of the spring game will be determined as we move closer to the game.
Prior to the beginning of the spring game, the festivities will begin at 2 p.m., with the sold-out Joel Bitonio and Austin Corbett youth football camp sponsored by Home Means Nevada, Co. The camp sold out in fewer than 24 hours, and registration spots are no longer available.
Fans will have an opportunity to take a photo with the Fremont Cannon during the game. Approximately 10 minutes following the game, post-game fireworks, sponsored by Baldinis, will light up the sky at Mackay Stadium.
All season ticket holders that fully renew and new season ticket holders that have placed a deposit by April 20th will be entered to win a variety of experiences at the Battle Born Showdown!
- Chance to kick a 35-yard field goal to win a $100 Silver and Blue Gift Card!
- Custom Nevada Wolf Pack Football Jersey
- (2) Sideline passes for the Battle Born Showdown.
- Interview on Nevada Sports Net Broadcast
- Basin Street Club passes for Colorado State or Boise State in the fall!
- Signed Football from Coach Wilson
- Make sure to get your tickets to all our Wolf Pack events the weekend of the 23rd, including:
- Free Admission: Men's Tennis vs. SDSU (Saturday, April 23 at 12 p.m.)
- Free Admission: Women's Soccer vs. Lake Tahoe CC (Apr. 23 at 11 a.m.)
- Softball vs. New Mexico (Friday, April 22nd-Sunday April 24th
For those who cannot attend in person, the Battle Born Showdown will be televised live on Nevada Sports Net and the Mountain West Network.
Season ticket renewals for the 2022 Nevada football season are on sale now here, or you can call 775-348-PACK. New season ticket deposits are being accepted.