As open public spaces with hundreds of daily visitors, the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library, and Savitt Medical Library take seriously the need to help mitigate the spread of germs and illnesses. With the global pandemic of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and heightened awareness of risk factors, we are doing the following:
- All public computer keyboards and surfaces are being disinfected weekly at all Libraries locations, which include the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, the DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library, and Savitt Medical Library. That white residue users may see is due to the sanitizing solution found in the cleaning wipes used to clean surfaces.
- Additional disinfecting wipes are available to Libraries users at all public services desks at all locations - Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, the DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library, and Savitt Medical Library. Users are encouraged to visit a public service desk to grab a wipe to use to sanitize a computer or room for additional protection.
- Opportunities to sanitize your hands with hand sanitizer exist throughout the Libraries. These stations can be found inside the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center on the 1st floor by the main staircase and near the large restrooms, on the 2nd floor at the Information Kiosk located in the Breezeway and near the elevators, on the 3rd floor in the printer alcove, on 4th & 5th floors near the elevators, plus at all public service desks.
- Hand sanitizer can be found at the service desk in the DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library.
- All public service desk surfaces are being wiped down several times a day at all locations - Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, the DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library, and Savitt Medical Library.
- Entry door handles to the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, the DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library, and the Savitt Medical Library are being sanitized daily.
- Self check-out machine in the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center is sanitized several times each day. This is located north of the Access Services desk.
Additionally, there are many ways to access the variety of University Libraries resources needed to achieve your goals.
- Many services are available virtually through the University Libraries Virtual Support website!
- Students can use Anatomy TV, use our anatomy models virtually or access Acland’s Video Atlas of Human Anatomy.
There are several ways to return materials to the University Libraries.
- Several book returns are available outside the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, the DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library, and the Savitt Medical Library.
- Drive-up book drop on the roundabout south of the 2nd floor entrance Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Breezeway
- Walk-up book drop on the north side of the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center on the plaza between the Knowledge Center and the Joe Crowley Student Union
- Walk-up book drop checked weekly in the breezeway outside the Fleischmann Agriculture Building (1st floor)
- Walk-up book drop checked twice daily on the north side of the DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library.
- Walk-up book drop located just outside the Savitt Medical Library located on the north end of the University campus near the Student Health Center.
We are monitoring the ongoing situation and are fully committed to providing full support of the needs of the campus in this time of uncertainty. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
As a reminder, the best line of defense against novel coronavirus is to use the “best practices” associated with the CDC’s prevention guidelines.
We encourage you to monitor the University’s novel coronavirus information page, which is being updated regularly. The page contains the latest information from a variety of sources, as well as tips for faculty, students, and staff regarding issues that could arise from coronavirus.