The University of Nevada, Reno Libraries announces the launch of its newly designed website, library.unr.edu.
"The new web presence is the result of our ultimate goal to deliver a functional and easy-to-use experience for the Libraries' virtual users," Duncan Aldrich, @One administrator and Web & Applications Technology Team member said.
Over the course of the past year, the Web & Applications Technology Team worked with colleagues in Information Technologies, Libraries and Teaching & Learning Technologies to develop the site. The team also conducted usability testing with campus librarians to better understand how people were navigating the site.
"Results were overwhelmingly helpful in supporting a data-driven approach to this redesign," Aldrich said.
Some of the site's new features include:
- A modern, responsive and accessible website.
- Improved navigation to library materials, services, help, unique collections, staff, departments and library locations.
- A persistent help bar that provides users with library and department hours, online chat capabilities, direct phone numbers and a link to the Libraries' room reservation system.
- Real-time website alerts when databases or services are experiencing issues or are down for maintenance.
- An increased awareness of events in the Libraries' through the enhanced web slides.
- Redesigned branch library and department pages with a focus on clearly outlining services, staff and contact information.
- Redesigned events & exhibits calendars.
- New Digital Collections and Online Exhibit sections that use a modern storytelling approach to showcase the Libraries' materials.
- Improved staff directory.
Users of the Libraries' website are encouraged to update any bookmarks they may have had. Questions and feedback regarding the new Libraries' website can be submitted via the "Libraries' Website Help" link in the footer of any of the Libraries' webpages.