This facility is designed to support usage and analysis of data from a variety of structural and functional neural imaging technologies and techniques: magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), high-density array electroencephalography (HD EEG) and near-infrared spectrospcopy (NIRS). The MRI facility is housed at Renown Health and consists of two 3T scanners (one Philips Ingenia, and one Siemens Skyra). A neuroimaging partnership with Renown Health has been in place since 2014. The newer scanner (Siemens Skyra) is currently being equipped to improve capabilities and access for University researchers. Two HD EEG systems (Electrical Geodesics and Biosemi) the NIRS system (TechEn) are located on campus (MSS 3rd floor). The Neuroimaging Core’s technologies are used by multiple labs within neuroscience and related departments. All equipment sees frequent use throughout the year.
Services provided to users
- Technical support, assistance and training of core users
- Access to MRI via approval (and scheduling via iLab)
- Open and immediate access to EEG and NIRS
Information for new and existing users
The Neuroimaging facility can assist with basic training and technical support in order to assist researchers with all of our equipment and software. For information about the core, please contact the core director Lars Strother, Ph.D. (email@example.com).
For MRI-based neuroimaging:
- University clients: If you already have an account, log into iLab Solutions with your NetID and go to the Schedule Equipment tabs. Visit the iLab Help Site or UNR iLab system for further guidance using iLab Solutions. If you are a new user, please contact Dr. Lars Strother (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Non-University clients: Please contact Lars Strother, Ph.D. (email@example.com).
- Core Facility Rates: The core currently uses hourly fees for MRI ($300-350/hour + $75/hour technician fees).
For HD EEG and NIRS:
- For all University and Non-University clients: Please contact Sean O’Neil, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org).