Office of Undergraduate Fellowships
The University of Nevada, Reno Office of Undergraduate (and Graduate) Fellowships assists students, including undergraduates, graduates, and recent alumni interested in pursuing a national fellowship, grant, or award. We provide resources and support throughout the application process, from outreach events on campus, to one-on-one mentoring, to celebrating students' success.
Each year, outstanding University of Nevada students receive generous awards for undergraduate and graduate study, research, teaching and public service in the United States and throughout the world. In addition to their accomplishments in the classroom, these students further distinguished themselves by engaging in undergraduate research, making a sustained focus on public or community service, and their commitment to excellence.
We encourage you to consult the links below for more information on specific awards, how to start the application process, and general information.
Undergraduate and Graduate Fellowship Information Sessions
Are you interested in applying for a Fulbright Award, Rhodes Scholarship, Marshall Scholarship or other national fellowships listed below? The Office holds public information sessions each semester to discuss the nomination and application process for the nationally competitive fellowships listed below. Undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni of the University are encouraged to attend these sessions. Attendance at a group fellowship information session is a precondition for later individual advising and mentoring through the Office of Undergraduate Fellowships.
Fall 2017 Information Sessions
The Office will hold the following scholarship and fellowship sessions in fall 2017. RSVP for each session using the link below.
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program Information Session: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 3:00-4:30 PM, JCSU room TBA
- Fulbright Writing Workshop #1: Monday, September 11, 2017, 3:00-5:00 PM, JTB 11
- Fulbright Writing Workshop #2: Monday, September 18, 2017, 3:00-5:00 PM, JTB 11
- Boren and Critical Language Scholarship Presentation: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 3:00-4:00 PM, Location TBA
- General Fellowships Session: Monday, November 20, 2017, 3:00-4:00 PM, JCSU 423
RSVP for Sessions, Workshops and Fellowship Fairs Online
Note: You will need to create an account to RSVP if you have not registered with the system before.
National Fellowship Websites
Please note: The Office of Undergraduate Fellowships and Scholarships provides active assistance and official nominations for the fellowships below which require a university endorsement. For those which do not, consult your major department, faculty mentor, College, the Nevada Career Studio, or the University Writing Center for the most comprehensive assistance.
- Boren Awards for International Study
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals
- Critical Language Scholarships (no university endorsement)
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarship
- Fulbright Study Scholarships and English Teaching Assistantships
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program
- International Parliamentary Scholarship (German Parliament)
- Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Scholarship
- James Madison Memorial Fellowship (no university endorsement)
- British Marshall Scholarships
- George J. Mitchell Scholarships (click on "Scholarships" from homepage)
- Phi Kappa Phi (Study Abroad, Fellowships, Love of Learning Awards) (no university endorsement)
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Schwarzman Scholars
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans (no university endorsement)
- Harry S. Truman Scholarships
- Udall Scholarships