Why choose the University of Nevada, Reno for your online MAcc?
Accounting involves much more than simply crunching numbers. Today’s economy requires accountants to possess a broad range of skills and abilities — knowledge that ensures compliance with legal, regulatory and ethical standards of practice. Accountants are time managers, multitaskers and excellent record keepers with an impeccable sense of detail.
Our expert faculty is available to support you throughout your online learning experience, providing you with the advanced level of knowledge needed to effectively prepare for CPA certification. As industry-active accounting professionals, our faculty’s real-world experience adds depth and perspective to an already strong curriculum.
Supplemental accreditation. Consider it our letter of intent.
The College of Business and the Accounting Department are each accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This supplemental accounting accreditation underscores our commitment to education at the highest standard of professionalism.
Applications are accepted year-round
Apply by: July 27 (Begin in Fall) - Extended to Aug 3 | Dec 15 (Begin in Spring) | April 6 (Begin in Summer)
- Undergraduate degree
- If in accounting: Applicants with a degree from an AACSB-accredited school and minimum GPA of 2.75 and B or better in all accounting courses. Applicants with a degree from any other regionally accredited school must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and B or better in all accounting courses; or
- If in another field: Applicants with an undergraduate degree in fields other than accounting with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience will be required to complete up to six courses in the Background program and maintain a grade of B or better in the Background program before matriculating into the Core program.
- English language proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation (supervisor, professional and academic)
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended