Nevada Former Foster Youth fee waiver and Fostering the Pack
The Nevada Board of Regents provides a waiver of certain fees for former Nevada foster youth who meet eligibility requirements.
- In foster care in Nevada at the age of 13 years or older
- Graduated from high school and meets the minimum entry requirements for the University of Nevada, Reno
- Completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); and
- Under the age of 26 years
- Complete the FAFSA each year; and
- Satisfactory academic progress –Students who meet the initial eligibility requirements are required to meet Title IV financial aid satisfactory academic progress requirements at their institution for continuing eligibility.
Fostering the Pack
Fostering the Pack is a component of First in the Pack for students that are eligible for the Nevada Former Foster Youth fee waiver. Fostering the Pack is made possible by the Walter S. Johnson Foundation and is completely free for program participants. Fostering the Pack provides the same wraparound services as First in the Pack as well as additional support including a $500 housing stipend twice a year for active program participants. If you are eligible for the Nevada Former Foster Youth fee waiver, please fill out the Fostering the Pack interest form.