Available for Drop-in Advising on Wednesday afternoons
Before I tell you a little about myself, I'd like to share my beliefs about you, the students and the academic advising process.
- I believe that every human being is born with gifts and talents.
- I believe that a life well lived includes developing our gifts and using them in service to humanity and the planet.
- I believe that attending college or a university has the potential to be a time of wonder, development, learning and progress. And fun!!
- I also believe that going to college can be ugly, stressful, sorrowful and challenging.
- I believe that an academic advisor can walk beside you as you face the highs and lows of college life.
I was born in Australia to hippie parents who settled in rural Arizona. We grew our own food, had deep philosophical discussions, and watched one hour of TV a week—all in a house that we built ourselves and had more books than the small town library (if you didn't count the library's romances and westerns!).
I attended the University of Arizona and graduated with Honors with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology and a minor in African-American Studies. I earned a Master’s of Science in Counseling from Brigham Young University.
My career has included serving as a school counselor at the elementary, middle, and high school levels in Las Vegas, NV; Mumbai, India; and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. My professional areas of expertise include multicultural counseling, gifted and talented, scholarships and elite university admissions.
I am also an entrepreneur who has founded multiple educational businesses, offering tutoring and college guidance integrated with social and emotional support.
My husband Darrell is a middle school choir teacher in Reno, and we have two adult children. In my free time, I love reading, dancing, going to the gym, hiking, serving in my church and eating my husband's cooking.
I am excited to work with you!