At a Glance
- Minor of Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Management)
- Bachelor of Science in International Business
- On-campus Master of Business Administration
- Online Master of Business Administration
- Ph.D. in Business Administration (Management) Beginning Fall 2019
Our mission is to educate students who contribute to the creation of effective, efficient, and preferred workplaces. Management graduates understand the why and how of designing a work environment that motivates employees to work hard, achieve success, and lead by example as socially responsible, global-minded, innovative business people.
The faculty in Management implement this mission through publishing in top-tier academic journals, providing value-added teaching and instruction, guiding students through meaningful advising and service, and developing and maintaining long-term, mutually enriching relations with the community.
Management, defined as "getting things done through people", involves the four managerial activities of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. Management offers undergraduate and graduate degrees based on curricula that allow students to develop knowledge and applied skills related to these activities. The Management faculty consists of dedicated and mission-driven faculty members who publish cutting-edge research in the areas of Organizational Behavior, Strategic Management, Decision-Making, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, International Business, and Business Ethics.
The undergraduate curriculum in management prepares students for success in entrepreneurial endeavors, for entry-level management positions and a broad variety of careers in business including careers in human resource management, sales, and project management. The Management faculty teaches most of the curriculum in the MBA program which prepares students for advanced management positions.
The Management faculty members are among the most distinguished in the College in the areas of research and teaching. Our faculty regularly receives teaching and mentoring awards in both the undergraduate and graduate programs. Selfless service, as well as student and community engagement, are central to the culture among the faculty in the Management Unit. We strive to put students first and ensure that they build a foundation for success for the rest of their lives while in our undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
In addition to degrees at the undergraduate and graduate level that prepare students for managerial responsibilities in all sizes of organizations, we offer a highly ranked online Executive Masters of Business Administration program for students who are interested in expanding upon their operational knowledge of business.
- The Management faculty is proud to announce the addition of the Ph.D. in Business Administration (Management) program beginning Fall 2019.
- Yvonne Stedham with Bill Kuechler published the paper "Management Education and Transformational Learning: The Integration of Mindfulness in an MBA Course" in the Journal of Management Education.
- Yvonne Stedham and Alice Wieland published the paper Culture, Benevolent and Hostile Sexism, and Entrepreneurial Intentions in the International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior and Research.
- Yvonne Stedham provided a keynote speech on Leadership in the Judiciary at the annual Judicial Conference in Sunriver, Oregon
Professor co-facilitated a faculty development workshop at the Academy of Management Meeting (Atlanta, Georgia) on the integration of mindfulness into management courses.
- Congratulations to Yvonne Stedham for receiving the 2017 University Faculty Senate Outstanding Service Award.
- Yvonne Stedham taught one of the two first executive MBA program courses in Shanghai, China for Lanzhou University facilitated by the College of Business at the University. The course was "Managing Organizations in a Global Context."
- With support of the NJC (National Judicial College), Yvonne Stedham designed and facilitated a four-day retreat on Mindfulness for judges from across the U.S. in Sedona, AZ November 5-9, 2017.
- Yvonne Stedham presented sessions on Mindfulness in the Workplace and on Mindful Leadership at the Women's Leadership Summit in Reno, Nevada.
- Yvonne Stedham is on sabbatical leave conducting research on the relationship between culture and trust and the effect of trust on ethical judgment. This is a corss-cultural study including the U.S., Germany, Mexico, and South Korea.