Serhat Yildiz is assistant professor of finance at the University of Nevada, Reno. He received his Ph.D. in finance from the University of Mississippi and joined the faculty at UNR in 2017.
His research interests include corporate finance (capital structure), market microstructure, implications of information flow from financial markets to corporations, price discovery, liquidity, and valuation. He has published in a number of academic journals like Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Financial Research, Financial Review, Journal of Economics and Finance, Journal of Risk and Financial Management, and Journal of Insurance Issues.
He won excellence in teaching awards in Spring 2019 and in Spring 2021.
He has taught Financial Management Theory and Practice, Research Methods in Finance, Business Finance, and Investments courses.
Corporate Finance (Capital Structure), Market Microstructure, Information, Price Discovery, Liquidity, Valuation
- Yildiz, S., Van Ness, B., Van Ness, R. (2021). Private information in trades, R2, and large stock price movements. Journal of Banking and Finance. (Forthcoming)
- Yildiz, S., Tosun, M. S. (2021). The relationship between tax uncertainty and trade credit: evidence from United States firm-level data. Applied Economics (Forthcoming)
- Yildiz, S., Davis, R., T. Griffith, B. Roseman (2021). The effects of exchange listing on market quality: Evidence from over-the-counter uplistings. Financial Review (Forthcoming)
- Yildiz, S., Tosun, M. S. (2020). How Does Aggregate Tax Policy Uncertainty Affect Default Risk?. Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 13(12), 319.
- Yildiz, S., Van Ness, B., Van Ness, R. (2019). VPIN, liquidity, and return volatility in the US equity markets. Global Finance Journal, 100479.
- Yildiz, S., Fuller, K. P., Uymaz, Y. (2018). Credit default swaps and firms' financing policies. Journal of Corporate Finance, 48, 34-48.
- Yildiz, S., Fuller, K. P. (2018), Managerial Learning Through Customer–Supplier Links. Journal of Financial Research, 41(4), 507-533.
- Yildiz, S., Van Ness, B. F., Van Ness, R. A. (2017). The Role of HFTs in Order Flow Toxicity and Stock Price Variance and Predicting Changes in HFTs’ Liquidity Provision. Journal of Economics and Finance, 41, 739–762.
- Yildiz, S., Altuntas, M., Liebenberg, A. P., D. Watson, E. D. (2017). Hedging, Cash Flows, and Firm Value: Evidence of an Indirect Effect. Journal of Insurance Issues, 40(1), 1–22.
- Financial Management Theory and Practice
- Business Finance
- Ph.D., Finance, University of Mississippi
- M.S., Economics and Finance, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- The Association of College And University Educators And The American Council On Education's Certificate In Effective College Instruction