Serhat Yildiz is assistant professor of finance at the University of Nevada, Reno. He received his Ph.D. in finance from the University of Mississippi and joined the faculty at UNR in 2017.
His research interests include corporate finance (capital structure), market microstructure, implications of information flow from financial markets to corporations, price discovery, liquidity, and valuation. He has published in a number of academic journals like Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Financial Research, Journal of Economics and Finance, Theoretical Economics Letters, and Journal of Insurance Issues.
He won an excellence in teaching award in Spring 2019.
He has taught Financial Management Theory and Practice, Business Finance, and Investments courses.
Corporate Finance (Capital Structure), Market Microstructure, Information, Price Discovery, Liquidity, Valuation
- Yildiz, S., Van Ness, B., and Van Ness, R. (2019). VPIN, liquidity, and return volatility in the US equity markets. Global Finance Journal, 100479.
- Yildiz, S., Fuller, K. P., and Uymaz, Y. (2018). Credit default swaps and firms' financing policies. Journal of Corporate Finance, 48, 34-48.
- Yildiz, S. , and Fuller, K. P. (2018). Managerial Learning Through Customer–Supplier Links. Journal of Financial Research, 41(4), 507-533.
- Yildiz, S. (2018). Dynamic Arbitrageurs’ Long-Run Impacts on Convertible Bond Issuers’ Stock Prices. Theoretical Economics Letters, 8(09), 1553.
- Yildiz, S., Van Ness, B. F., and Van Ness, R. A. (2017). The Role of HFTs in Order Flow Toxicity and Stock Price Variance and Predicting Changes in HFTs' Liquidity Provision. Journal of Economics and Finance, 41, 739-762.
- Yildiz, S., Altuntas, M., Liebenberg, A. P., D., and Watson, E. D. (2017). Hedging, Cash Flows, and Firm Value: Evidence of an Indirect Effect. Journal of Insurance Issues, 40(1), 1-22.
- Financial Management Theory and Practice
- Business Finance
- Ph.D., Finance, University of Mississippi
- M.S., Economics and Finance, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- The Association of College And University Educators And The American Council On Education's Certificate In Effective College Instruction