Professor Ryan's research focuses on underemployment and the personal effects of unemployment, as well as employee attitudes and job performance. Her work has been published in the Journal of Management, the Journal of Organizational Behavior, the Journal of Applied Psychology, and the Academy of Management Journal , among others. Dr. Ryan also provides survey and consulting services to a variety of organizations, including corporations, small businesses, not-for-profits, and state agencies.
Dr. Ryan teaches a variety of management classes and executive education offerings. In the undergraduate curriculum, her primary course is Advanced Organizational Behavior: Leadership & Teams (MGT 423). She has also taught introduction to OB, research methods, management skills, and teams courses. For Exec Ed, Dr. Ryan offers a variety of management and leadership topics in sessions from 2-8 hours.
- Employee attitudes and performance
- Underemployment and overqualified employees
- Research methods; Employee surveys
- Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior & Research Methods, Arizona State University
- B.S. in Human Resource Management, Arizona State University