Institutional Assessment Data
Assessment is conducted across various entities on the UNR campus, including degree programs, the Core Curriculum, Student Services, and our library system. Moreover, a number of our colleges undertake rigorous assessment projects for the purposes of professional accreditation.
Besides reports submitted for the Voluntary System of Accountability and the Student Achievement Measure, assessment at the institutional level also involves a number of examinations and surveys, as explained below.
This is given every 4 years, most recently in Spring 2013. NSSE is a survey specially designed for students to provide information about their undergraduate experience and asks students' opinions on the quality of their education, how they interact with faculty and other students, and how they manage their time. The NSSE is an expectation for public institutions that are members of the Voluntary System of Accountability, and public institutions can be compared in the College Portrait.
- UNR Summary
- UNR Pocket Guide
- UNR Engagement Indicators
- High-Impact Practices
- Frequencies and Statistical Comparisons
- The UNR Student Experience in Brief
- First-Year and Senior Charts
- Level of Academic Challenge, Active & Collaborative Learning, Student-Faculty Interaction, Enriching Educational Experiences, and Supportive Campus Environment
- First-Year and Senior Summary
- Mean Comparisons, Frequency Comparisons, Respondent Characteristics
- UNR Benchmark Report
- First-Year Experiences, Perceptions of the Campus Environment, and First-Year Gains
- Means, Peer, & Institutional Comparisons and Frequency, Peer, & Institutional Comparisons
- FSSE (Faculty Survey of Student Engagement) Faculty Responses and FSSE-NSSE Comparisons
- BCSS (Beginning College Student Survey)-NSSE Combined Reports 1 and 2
- UNR Benchmark Report
- Means & Institutional Comparisons, Frequency & Institutional Comparisons, Means, Peer, & Institutional Comparisons, and Frequency, Peer, & Institutional Comparisons
- Benchmark Items & Peer Institutional Comparisons
- FSSE Comparisons
This exam is given every 4 years, with the next administration in Fall 2014 (Freshman) and Spring 2015 (Seniors). It offers a measure of Student Learning Gains in critical thinking, writing, and quantitative reasoning.
A comprehensive survey run by the Higher Education Research Institute at UCLA, this includes the Freshman Survey, Your First College Year Survey, the Diverse Learning Environments Survey, and the College Senior Survey.
Given at the time of completion of the graduation application until 2014, this survey collected data on post-graduation plans.
Results of the following surveys are available to UNR faculty with an active NetID and password.
This was given one year after graduation until 2014 and presented an alumnus's summative evaluation of the UNR experience and how it prepared him/her for a career. This survey also included some program-specific questions. For more information on the Outcomes Survey, see the Nevada Career Studio.
This survey was an assessment of an alumnus's academic and career preparation by his/her employer. It was given one year after graduation until 2011.