Nevada Alumni Association awards
Each year, the Nevada Alumni Association honors outstanding alumni and friends who have demonstrated remarkable professional achievement and dedication to their community and the University. Submission of nominations in any or all of the categories described below is encouraged.
Deadline: All submissions are due by 11:59 P.M. PST on May 1 annually.
Nomination Form. Submit your nomination online via our Award Form or by calling (775) 784-6620.
If you need additional information please call (775) 784-6620.
Candidate nomination and award criteria
The following criteria applies to all awards, with specific criteria listed below each award name.
- Must be alumnus. An alumnus is defined as someone who has completed at least six credits at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Does not need membership. Membership in the Nevada Alumni Association or an alumni chapter is not required for nomination.
- Must meet submission deadline. No candidate will be considered unless nominated before the deadline.
- No active political candidacy. No political candidate will be considered in the year in which he/she is a candidate for political office.
- Alumni Association and committee members not eligible. Unless otherwise noted, officers of the Nevada Alumni Association, elected members of the Nevada Alumni Council and Awards Nominating Committee members are not eligible for nomination while holding office.
- Number of awards. A candidate can only be a recipient of any given award once, except for prior recipients of the Certificates of Appreciation, Outstanding Alumni Service or Honorary Alumni Awards. They are eligible for each award.
- Candidates may be moved into other categories. The Awards Nominating Committee can move candidates into categories other than the one in which they were nominated if the committee feels it is appropriate.
- Award recipients may not be selected each year. Whether an award recipient will be selected in any given year is at the sole discretion of the Awards Nominating Committee.
- Other candidates. For any award, excluding Outstanding Chapter of the Year, the Awards Nominating Committee may consider any nominated candidate, a former candidate not selected, or any other person who the committee deems qualified.
- Validity of award. With the exception of Chapter of the Year nominations, once an individual has been nominated for an award, the nomination is valid for a total of two years.