2,906: Student Assistants

Last Revised: July 1999

Undergraduate student assistants may be appointed to carry out non teaching assignments ordinarily performed by graduate assistants. Normally, such appointments are made only when an adequately suitable graduate assistant is not available. A student assistant must be a senior with an outstanding academic record and other similar qualifications. Undergraduate student assistants are paid at a lower rate than graduate assistants and are not eligible for grant-in-aid or fee waivers for the capital improvement fee or summer session.

The procedures for appointing undergraduate student assistants are the same as those for appointing graduate assistants. For additional information on student employment, refer to section 2,800.