Program and Eligibility
The TRiO Scholars Program provides qualified undergraduates with the academic assistance and support necessary to successfully complete a baccalaureate degree. Services are available at no cost to help participants achieve their academic goals.
Limited financial assistance is also available to eligible participants.
The TRiO Scholars Program is a federally funded Student Support Services (SSS) program operating on an annual budget of approximately $330,000. Our grant allows us to serve 166 participants annually.
The TRiO Scholars Program serves undergraduate students who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- FIRST GENERATION: Neither parent has graduated from a 4-year college or university OR*
- INCOME QUALIFIED: Determined from evaluating federal taxable income information OR*
- DOCUMENTED DISABILITY AND
- ACADEMIC NEED: Determined by a variety of academic and admissions criteria AND
- US CITIZEN (or eligible non-citizen/resident alien. Unfortunately, at this moment we are unable to serve DACA students.)
2/3 of our students must be both First Generation AND Income Qualified.