Non-degree or visiting students and Summer Session

If you have not been formally admitted to the University of Nevada, Reno for the Spring semester, you will be classified as a “nondegree” student for Summer Session regardless of whether you have applied for Fall admission or you are pursuing a degree at another institution.

Registering as a visiting or nondegree student

Follow these steps to register:

  1. Apply online. New nondegree and graduate special students may apply online for Summer Session. Students must apply at least one week in advance from the start date of the course in which they intend on enrolling. Choose the “Nondegree & Graduate Special” and select the admission term for Summer.
  2. Complete online registration. Register online as soon as registration opens for nondegree students on April 3.
  3. Prerequisites may be required. Search for and view the course(s) in which you wish to register in the MyNEVADA system’s searchable schedule. Once you find the class, select “details” at right to view prerequisites. If you have completed prerequisites at another institution, you will be required to take your transcripts to the department (Chemistry, Physics, etc.) offering the course to acquire permission for you to register in MyNEVADA.

Reminder about applications

An application is not necessary for students who attended the Spring semester. If you have been admitted for the Fall semester, you will need to submit the summer supplemental form found on your MyNEVADA account. Degree seeking students must apply for Fall admission (and will be eligible to take Summer classes).