The Office of Institutional Analysis - a unit of Planning, Budget, and Analysis - produces both descriptive reports and inferential studies to support evaluation of university operations for senior management, campus departments, and university constituents. The office is the institutional source for census enrollment numbers, collects and coordinates information for submission to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), produces the Common Data Set (CDS) to support higher education surveys, and collaborates with Information Technology in the production of student enrollment reports through the online Dashboard.
The following link provides semester-specific information on student applications, admissions; and enrollment and degrees granted by college, department, and student attributes: Dashboard (NetID required. For access, contact Joe Cline.
- Enrollment Projection
- Common Data Set: The CDS annual survey includes the following major sections: General college information, Enrollment & Persistence, First-Time, First-Year Admissions, Transfer Admissions, Academic Offerings & Policies, Student Life, Annual Expenses, Financial Aid, Instructional Faculty & Class Size, and Degrees Conferred
How accurate are students’ self-assessment of their learning in college? Are student survey responses to assess their cognitive development valid measures of college success? Should we use such data for program review, professional accreditation, institutional self-studies, or to support grant proposals?
The above link takes you to the latest research volume on the validity and limitations of student self-report data, demonstrates how to identify biases in self-report data and how to measure student learning using longitudinal direct measures of academic development. For questions, contact Serge Herzog, the volume’s co-editor.
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Accreditation Resources
- Links to Education Research Resources
- Office of University Assessment
- Center for Research Design and Statistical Methods
- Association for Institutional Research
- Rocky Mountain Association for Institutional Research
- Voluntary System of Accountability - College Portrait