Join us for an evening that brings together space and music.
Apex Concerts celebrates the 60th Anniversary of the Fleischmann Planetarium with a phenomenal program with fascinating astronomical range. Travel through light-years of musical ingenuity from works by J.S. Bach and William Herschel — the composer and astronomer who discovered the planet Uranus, — through colorful compositions by Adams and Stravinsky, all the way into the mysterious and mystical world of Celestial Mechanics by the genius George Crumb.
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Prelude and Fugue in C major from The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book II, BWV 870
- William Herschel: Fugue in D minor
- Igor Stravinksy: The Rite of Spring
- John Adams: Short Ride in a Fast Machine
- George Crumb: Celestial Mechanics (Makrocosmos IV)