5,312: Food Service

Revised: June 2020

The university-contracted food service shall have the exclusive right to provide food service on Reno/Sparks area campuses, including catering. For more information on the university-contracted food service visit the Silver and Blue Catering website.

  1. The exceptions to this include:
    1. All events or meetings sponsored by student organizations recognized by either the Associated Students of the University of Nevada (ASUN), Fraternity & Sorority Life, or the Graduate Student Association (GSA), by the Faculty Senate, or the Staff Employees Council (SEC). Other groups cannot co-sponsor with aforementioned groups to utilize the exclusion.
    2. Meals and other food served at an off-campus location.
    3. Approved food from a sub-contractor to the university-contracted food service. Each sub-contractor meal must be approved, in advance, by the university-contracted food service. More information is available on the Catering Sub-Contractor website.
    4. Food that is donated or purchased with personal funds which is not being resold or reimbursed with university funds.
    5. Departments may purchase water from outside sources for any size meeting in any building.
    6. Any events at Athletic facilities and fields, for which there are separate university-contracted food service.
    7. For meetings or events, departments may purchase and pick up food and beverages if the purchase does not exceed $250.
  2. No deliveries using university funds are allowed in the Joe Crowley Student Union, the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, the E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center, and spaces scheduled by University Scheduling Services.
  3. All alcohol service must be provided exclusively by the catering department of the university-contracted food service. There are no exceptions to this, including student organizations.