5,312: Food Service
Revised: June 2020
The university-contracted food service shall have the exclusive right to provide food service on Reno/Sparks area campuses, including catering. For more information on the university-contracted food service visit the Silver and Blue Catering website.
- The exceptions to this include:
- All events or meetings sponsored by student organizations recognized by either the Associated Students of the University of Nevada (ASUN), Fraternity & Sorority Life, or the Graduate Student Association (GSA), by the Faculty Senate, or the Staff Employees Council (SEC). Other groups cannot co-sponsor with aforementioned groups to utilize the exclusion.
- Meals and other food served at an off-campus location.
- Approved food from a sub-contractor to the university-contracted food service. Each sub-contractor meal must be approved, in advance, by the university-contracted food service. More information is available on the Catering Sub-Contractor website.
- Food that is donated or purchased with personal funds which is not being resold or reimbursed with university funds.
- Departments may purchase water from outside sources for any size meeting in any building.
- Any events at Athletic facilities and fields, for which there are separate university-contracted food service.
- For meetings or events, departments may purchase and pick up food and beverages if the purchase does not exceed $250.
- No deliveries using university funds are allowed in the Joe Crowley Student Union, the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, the E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center, and spaces scheduled by University Scheduling Services.
- All alcohol service must be provided exclusively by the catering department of the university-contracted food service. There are no exceptions to this, including student organizations.