3,527: Posthumous Degrees

Revised: June 2016

The University may award a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree posthumously. Nominations shall be made to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services. Approval is granted by the President. The student must have been enrolled for at least one semester and must have been in good academic and disciplinary standing. Requests for the awarding of a posthumous degree must be received no later than one calendar year following the end of the semester in which the student was last enrolled. The President has the authority to make exceptions. The Associate Vice President of Enrollment Services shall notify the dean of the student's college and chair of the student's home academic department when a posthumous degree will be awarded.