3,512: Transcripts

Revised: July2012

Requests for transcripts, whether received by mail, by fax or in person, go immediately to the transcript clerk for processing. A student is entitled to a copy of his or her permanent academic record regardless of academic or disciplinary standing at the University. However, the University does not issue transcripts for any student who has an outstanding financial obligation to the institution. Official transcripts may be ordered for a nominal fee.

A person must present proper identification and a signed request or approved digital signature (effective 2011) to either request or receive a transcript. A transcript is not released to anyone other than the person requesting it unless the person requesting it specifies in writing that the transcript should be mailed to a designated address or released to a designated person who in turn presents proper identification. A partial transcript is never issued under any circumstance, except for students in the School of Medicine.