2,236: Compensatory Time for Overtime Worked for Classified Employees
Revised: March 2019
The following policy covers overtime earned by classified employees:
- Classified employees shall have the option of requesting compensatory time off for overtime worked, if a written agreement is arrived at between the employer and the employee before the performance of the work.
- Compensatory time off shall be scheduled by the supervisor as soon as practical.
- Classified employees may not carry a balance of more than 60 hours of compensatory time at any point in time.
- Compensatory time in excess of 60 hours is to be paid in that payroll cycle or the subsequent cycle.
- Classified employees may carry over a maximum of 60 hours of compensatory time to the next calendar year.
- Employees cannot earn both regular overtime (cash payment) and compensatory time in the same pay period. Any change made in Workday will be effective at the beginning of the next pay period and remain in effect until changed again.