2,715: Evaluation of Administrative Faculty
Last Revised: May 1998
A formal performance appraisal of administrative faculty includes:
- A planning process at the beginning of each appraisal period during which the administrative faculty member and the immediate supervisor, dean and/or director jointly review the major job responsibilities (position description questionnaire) and establish the major projects, activities, and plans for enhancing professional/managerial growth and effectiveness, as appropriate, for the appraisal period.
- Periodic meetings during the appraisal period in which the administrative faculty member and the supervisor and/or dean or director discuss and review the projects and activities and the progress towards completing them.
- A meeting at the end of the appraisal period in which the performance is discussed with the administrative faculty member and is measured relative to the plans developed at the beginning of the period.
- A draft of future projects and activities, prepared by the faculty member, is attached to the evaluation form for discussion with the supervisor and/or dean or director.
- The final review on an administrative faculty evaluation is typically the appropriate vice president.